Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Negativity vs. Positivity

The Lady Hawks are going to State!  What an accomplishment; especially with the season they had and hearing all the negativity and "nonsense" which I call it.  It was a busy week with getting people to write encouragement note cards for Emily and fixing goody bags, feeding the team and decorating the bus all before they leave on Wednesday @ 5.  But it was worth it; the point I wanted to bring out was on Thursday morning in my devotional I read Deuteronomy 31:8, The Lord is the One who will  go before you.  He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  I felt a peace come over me as I read this because #1 the date is March 15, the birthday of my 1st husband  and #2 I prayed this verse for the basketball girls that they can feel this power from God.  I had a peace that whole day that was so soothing and comforting - the Lady Hawks did win there game that day.  As I read through  my devotional reading it said - He is a God of possibility, not negativity(what the basketball girls had to hear for most of their season). He will help you count your blessings instead of your hardships(losing my husband). I leave you with this thought:  With a renewed spirit of optimism and hope, you go out there and thank your Father in heaven for the many blessings, for His love and for giving you His Son.  Be Positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment