Monday, January 30, 2012

Captivating

I am reading the book Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge.  This book has been inspiring to me in the fact that "I am free to be me" and God views me as beautiful.  I just wanted to quote a little of what I recently read.  A woman in her glory, a woman of beauty, is a woman who is not striving to become beautiful or worthy or enough.  She knows in her quiet center where God dwells that he finds her beautiful, has deemed her worthy, and in him, she is enough.  A woman of true beauty is a woman who in the depths of her soul is at rest, trusting God because she has come to know him to be worthy of her trust.  This is why we must keep asking.  Ask Jesus to show you your beauty.  Ask him what he thinks of you as a woman.  His words to us let us rest and unveil our beauty.  "The scariest thing for women is to offer our beauty into situations where we don't know if it will make any difference.  Or worse, that we will be rejected.  For our question is "Am I lovely?" Remember in God's sight you are Beautiful - let your spirit be free to be who God wants you to be and your beauty will shine through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment