Monday, November 7, 2011

Miracles

Let me just tell you, my God is a God of miracles.  Let me tell you of one.  The beginning of 2011 I did a Beth Moore Bible Study called "Believe God".  That Bible Study had a big impact on my life.  The verse that stood out to me throughout the whole study was Mark 9:23 - Everything is possible for him who believes.  The night I read that verse I cried on my way home from Bible Study.  It talked about miracles and all we need to do is Believe.  Well, BELIEVE, became my word for 2011 and I gave Joe, and each of the kids a little stone that said Believe on it.  The other thought that kept coming to me throughout the Bible Study was that "I need to get out of the way" so God can work in Joe's life.  Well, life kept going on and things in our family life between my husband and I did not get better; it actually got worse.  I kept telling God, well, I am out of the way - what else do you want?  My life came to a point where I had to make a decision - I could not go on living the way I did with so much turmoil and stress in my life.  So, the girls and I moved out of the house and moved in the basement at my Mom's house.  I had a real peace about it all even though I didn't know what would happen but I felt this is what God had been telling me (Sally, you need to get out of the way so I can do my work).  After moving out for about a month, miracles started to happen.  Joe started to make changes in his life for the good - starting meeting with Pastor Larry for accountibility; reading and studying his Bible; praying; Joe became a different man and I became a different person.  God, has brought healing to both of our lives and is continuing to pour the ointment of healing in the cracks and crevices that still need it.  It has been 7 weeks and no, I am still not moved back home, but that will come with time. God is good - God is Faithful - and don't ever forget  Mark 9:23 - Everything is possible for him who Believes.  Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment